Picking Up Gavin

I spent this past weekend on Oahu picking Gavin up from his short week with Granny. Saturday was my only full day on island. We started off slow and lazy. Just the way a day should start. On the down side, my knee was getting worse. It had been hurting me for about a week at that point and then as I headed out to go to the airport Holly wished me a safe trip, and I immediately slipped on the top stair and braced myself 3 steps down with my bum leg. That didn’t help any.

Knowing the beer store closed at 3, we finally started to get serious about the day somewhere around noon. Unfortunately for me, this meant being productive. That made it time to put the saddle bags on the motorcycle. It wasn’t a hard task and really only should have taken 20 minutes, except it involved a small number of tools. And for some reason, no matter what the project is, we always have every tool but the one we need. So after a few improvisations and a little too much time, we got the bags on and admired their beauty. They really make the Rebel look more complete and proper. The final touch will be a sissy bar. Anyhow, as I put the tools away, I looked at my watch (I don’t really have a watch, so thank goodness an iPod can tell time) and realized the beer store closed in 10 minutes. Oh well. It kind of frustrated me that we didn’t get to the beer store. Now that I think about it though, it doesn’t really make a difference. Now that the airport charges for luggage, it won’t cost me any less to buy it in store that if I order it online and have it shipped to me. It might even cost less to order it online. So that is what I will do.

Not having to go to the beer store, we headed to the mall where we could go to T-Mobile . Our cell phone mysteriously disappeared (good job Leif) and we can’t even call it to find it because it’s battery is dead. Now we’re on the search for a new cell phone that will make us happier than we were owning our crap free phone. Haven’t found one yet.

Po eagerly awaits my return

Mary had a buy 1, get 1 free coupon for Ruby Tuesdays. Guess where we went for dinner? And leave it to us to order the most expensive thing on the menu. For me, a 9-ounce Cowboy Sirloin with secret seasonings, seared to perfection then topped with blue cheese crumbles, onion straws, and our house-made Boston barbecue sauce. For Mary, a 9-ounce Peppercorn Mushroom Sirloin topped with sautéed baby portabella mushrooms, black pepper, and Parmesan cream sauce. And lastly, for Gavin, fried shrimp with fries. That was a delicious dinner. And of course they came with the all-you-can-eat salad bar. Yeah, we took home leftovers. I wanted to finish it, I really did. So good.

We’re back at home now and all is well. Holly is back to work, Gavin is back ti school, Leif is happy to have his family back, and I’m back to being a working house husband*.
* Being a house husband is not a job. I actually have a job as a web developer and graphic artist. Therfore I am a house husband who works.

21 thoughts on “Picking Up Gavin

Comments are closed.