Catching Up

My last post was Oct 26th and things have happened since then. I’ll try to start from the earlier events. Halloween. I worked. I felt bad. I hoped I could take Gavin out trick or treating a little, but that couldn’t happen. He dressed up as a little mouse and went out with Holly for about 1/2 an hour.

He really got the hang of holding out his bag and announcing “teet teet” to anyone who answered the door. Do kids learn how to get candy at an early age or what? As for me, I threw on my new orange (clan Grant) kilt and shoved off to work. It rained on Halloween here which was a bummer. I think we had just as many trick or treaters as we did customers at the theatre. How sad. And the people who came here to watch a movie thought that they could get away from that. Hah! The next day we let Gavin go on his post Halloween chocolate binge. Oh how he loved that. It wasn’t so bad though, because Gavin has this weird thing where he only likes food if it is whole. Once he takes a bite out of it, it has been used and he wants another one. The following the results as they pored in. When I woke up the next morning I heard the final results. How disappointing. So naturally Holly made CUPCAKES OF DOOOOOOOOM. They were good and somehow soothing. Down with the sickness. Gavin woke up at 2 am a week ago. He had a 100.8º temperature and vomited all over our bed and Holly. We took him to the doctor the following morning, who took his temperature and a strep test. Naturally his temperature was down already due to the children’s motrin we gave him earlier, and the fact that the doctors office was about 10º. Ok, that is an exaggeration, but it was damn cold. Gavin is still sick. His fever was replace with sore throat and a runny nose, only to come back last night. He woke up again last night coughing very hard like he was going to vomit again, but didn’t. He seemed to do ok today. We gave him more motrin, which brought his fever back down and helped his cough a little. Holly had class this morning so it was just me and Gavin. When Holly arrived home she was exhausted from having only 2 or 3 hours of sleep last night and then getting up at 6 am to go to class. Gavin didn’t like this cause he wanted his mom and she really needed to nap. After nursing and watching a little Snow White with mom, I took Gavin up to the grocery store and video store. We rented Lady and the Tramp 2. Between the walk to the store and watching a little of the movie, I was able to keep Gavin occupied about 1 1/2 hours. Then I purchased some BBQ chicken plate lunches, ate dinner with Holly and Gavin, and off to work I went. Now here I am typing away on my blog.