Following suit.

So now that Holly’s iMac is up and running, it’s time to get some work done. But wait. No, I can’t. My computer doesn’t work. Crap. Oh crap. So I called Apple Care for some help, hoping it wasn’t what happened to the iMac. I spent 2 hours on the phone with a really nice, patient lady. She walked me through many procedures that are supposed to cure things like this. After two hours, she told me she can’t stay on the phone any longer, but to run utility disk again, and if it does not work to blow up my computer and buy another one. Ok, she didn’t say that, but she said there is not much hope for it. I then called my boss to explain to him what had happened and that I would not be able to do any work that day. Or possibly the next, or the next… He suggested what I was thinking of doing. Buy another hard drive, use it for booting up, and then retrieve all the files off of the other computer. This I did. On Thursday, I went off to Comp USA to buy a hard drive. Grrr, I bought the wrong one. How am I supposed to know that I own one of the first computer to use a Serial ATA drive and not an Ultra ATA drive? Since Holly and Mary had class that night, I took Gavin to return the hard drive and get the correct one. While we were out, we stopped at Ward Center for dinner. We went in to Mocha Java and ordered a milk shake and an omelet. Gavin of course didn’t really want the eggs, but he love the jelly and toast that came with it. He also switched on and off between the shake and a cup of water I picked up for him. He seemed to be satisfied. With both of our tummies being full, we drove across the street to the beach where we spent the next hour and a half playing “toss the rock”. The rock was really a little piece of coral, but what does he know? It was a really nice evening with Gavin. He was the perfect little boy. Unfortunately I did too good of a job wearing him out and he fell asleep on the way home at 6:45 pm. Thinking he was asleep for 3 hours, he decided not to go to bed until 9:30 pm or so. Oh well. At least he got to see mommy before going to sleep.
Here I am two days later. My computer is all back to normal. Even better actually. I now have two hard drives each around 130 GB. I also have a really cool screen saver that I found that turns my computer into a fish tank when it sleeps. Gavin really likes that. Now all I have to do is catch up on all the work I missed.